Do you need help? Contact one of these institutions.
COVID-19 EMERGENCY CONTACTS
National Hotline numbers:
- GBV Command Centre: 0800428428 or *120*786# (free) SMS to 31531; and/or adding ‘HelpmeGBV’ to your Skype contacts
- Family Violence and Sexual Offences Helpline 0800150150
- Childline 0800055555
- GBV-Related Service Complaints 0800333177
Further Emergency contacts for non-COVID-19
- SAPS (South African Police Service) 10111
- SAPS Stop Gender Violence Helpline 0800150150
- SAPS FCS (Family Violence, Child Protection and Sexual Offenses Unit, Head Office, Pretoria): 0123932184 (Ask for the FCS Unit (Family Violence, Child Protection and Sexual Offences))
- SAPS Visible Policing: GBV and Victim Empowerment 0124218000
- Abduction and Kidnapping: (Gauteng) 10111, or 0860010111
- Human Trafficking: Hope Risen Foundation www.hoperisen.org 0711839201
- Khaya Lethemba: One-Stop-Centre for victims of crime and violence: 0112423000. Open 24/7:
- Report complaints against Police at 0116893600
- Childline 0800055555 (Childline South Africa is a non-profit organisation which works to protect children from violence and further the culture of children’s rights in South Africa. Childline runs a national, 24-hour, toll-free telephone counselling service for children and adults) https://www.childlinesa.org.za
- Teddy Bear Clinic 0114844554 – The Teddy Bear Clinic for Abused Children (TTBC) is a fully-fledged service for abused children which includes: Forensic medical examinations, forensic assessments, counselling, psychological testing and more recently a diversion programme for youth sexual offenders. http://ttbc.org.za/
- Lifeline 0800150150 – LifeLine aims to cultivate and grow emotional wellness in individuals and communities by healing emotional trauma and crisis through counselling and by reducing emotional trauma and crisis through training and capacity building, engaging and mobilising communities. http://lifelinesa.co.za
- POWA (People Opposing Women Abuse) 0116424345 – POWA undertakes campaigns, projects and research related to violence against women in Africa. POWA was the first organisation in South Africa to establish a shelter for abused women. https://www.powa.co.za
- Child Welfare SA 0114524110 – CWSA is an umbrella body representing 164 child welfare affiliates, 30 developing organisations, 25 outreach projects and 206 communities. http://childwelfaresa.org.za Objectives
- Protecting the children in our country from all kinds of abuse
- Making a difference in the lives of children.
- Establishing networks and partnerships to ensure the safeguarding of our children.
- Being a credible, professional body for child protection.
- Providing support and guidance to our Member Organisations.
- Thuthuzela Care Centres 0128456000 – TCCs are one-stop facilities that have been introduced as a critical part of South Africa’s anti-rape strategy, aiming to reduce secondary victimisation and to build a case ready for successful prosecution. For more info contact www.npa.gov.za Tel 012845 6000. Access the map of centres at https://www.gov.za/TCC
- National Counselling Line: 0861 322 322
- Legal Aid: 0800 110 110
- Rape Crisis: 021 447 9762
- Toll Free crisis line: 086 157 4747